This hike is perfect for beginners.
Featuring two waterfalls, the hike starts Sasamua Dam.
Such beginner hikes will be happening once a month. The ladies that sign up will get a chance to experience different beginner friendly trails in Kenya and an opportunity to network with like- minded women. It’s also a chance to boost your fitness journey.
FITNESS: Regular exercise is recommended at least one month before the hike. Running, Walking at least 20000 steps or swimming or cycling or stair-climbing are some great ways to build endurance.
Duration of hike: 4-6 hours
- Dates: Saturday, 20th August 2021
- Slots available for women only
- You reserve a slot by depositing kshs 2,000 to the till number 685993 – JustRioba Tours.
- Payment is on first come first served basis.
- Adult Rates: Kshs 3,500 per person (East African citizens and residents), 5,500 Non Residents.
- Self Drive – Kshs 2,500
WHAT DOES THE COST COVER?
- Hiking fees
- Guide fees
- Entry fees
- Transport costs to and from the CBD.
Hikers that wish to cancel more than 48 hours before the hike will be issued a 50% refund of the total hiking fees. Those that cancel 48 hours or less to the actual date will not be refunded. No shows will not be refunded either.
THINGS TO NOTE
Meeting point: Kencom directly opposite international House, CBD.
We meet at 5.45am and depart at exactly 6.00 am.
For the sake of everyone else, keep time as the bus will leave at 6.00 am with the people that will be present.
5.45 am: Meeting time
6.00 am: Departure time
7.30 am: Stopover/bathroom break
8:15 am: Arrival at foot of the hills, meet our guides, warm, and commence hike
8.30pm-2.00 am: Actual hike
4.00 pm: Drive back to Nairobi
P.S Remember to cut your toenails
If you choose to forget anything on this itinerary, please do not forget that:
- Keeping time is mandatory.
WHAT TO PACK
- Comfortable hiking boots- Always buy a half size or a size bigger and remember to cut your toenails
- Hiking pants or gym pants, short-sleeved top for when it’s hot, long-sleeved top, and a warm jacket for when it’s cold. Balaclavas or Neck Gaiters may come in handy.
- Raincoat in case it rains
- Extra clothes to change after the hike (optional)
- Crocs and a whistle _ Whistles are used to alert the rest where you are in case you get lost in the trail (do not be those people that get lost though). Crocs are for letting your feet breathe after a day of hiking.
- Drinking-Water at least 2 Litres- Recyclable bottles only
- Sunhat, sunscreen or arimis, sunglasses, masks, sanitizer
- Any personal medication
- Day bag to carry your personal items
- Light Lunch, snacks, fruits
- An identification card / passport and Insurance card
- Hiking pole
Note: ALL COVID PROTOCOLS WILL BE OBSERVED DURING THE TRIP